We accept the following payment methods:
– American Express
If you find your credit card is not being accepted with a message such as “The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.”
It might be due to one of the following reasons:
– Your card is associated with a specific PayPal account, and you’re not logging in with that particular account.
– Your card was associated with a PayPal account that has since been closed.
– You’ve linked the card to a PayPal account, but have not yet confirmed it.
– You’ve exceeded your card limit with the PayPal system.
– Your email address is raising a red flag in PayPal’s system.
– Your browser is not accepting cookies. You should clear any existing cookies and try again.
A temporary authorization occurs when a merchant tests to confirm that your credit card account is valid and/or has sufficient available credit. Temporary authorizations are deducted from your available credit only; they are not included in the account balance. The charge will be included in your account balance when the actual transaction amount is determined and posted to your account.
Temporary authorizations can remain on your account for up to 30 days, but usually disappear within 3-5 days. Once the actual transaction amount is posted to your account, the temporary authorization will be removed in full.
If for some reason we are unable to fill your order, or you change your mind, we will immediately reverse/release your funds. Any additional time, up to a full 30 days, is for your bank or card issuer to make the funds available to you again.